United Kingdom Tours
The United Kingdom dates back to the 10th century and consists of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. Together, they are home to a fascinating story of feuding monarchs, the industrial revolution, and the counterculture of the 1960s and 1970s.
With such rich history comes great opportunities for learning, exploring, and discovering — and at Road Scholar, we offer the best United Kingdom tours to bring this historical past to life. Take a look below at some of the top things to do in the United Kingdom, whether it’s gaining an insider’s perspective to the Royal Family or visiting the former shipyard where the Titanic was built.
Top Places to Visit in the UK
The United Kingdom is a collection of islands filled with some of the world’s most iconic destinations. Explore some of the best places to visit in the United Kingdom below:
- London, England: As a global hub of finance and culture, The Big Smoke is one of the most iconic cities in the world. Take a double-decker bus tour to discover historic landmarks, indulge in local British cuisine like fish and chips or a Sunday roast, and pay a visit to Buckingham Palace. Other must-sees include checking the time at Big Ben, taking a panoramic shot of the city on the London Eye, and exploring the world-famous British Museum.
- Bath, England: This historic town is home to the famous Roman spas and the Temple of Sulis Minerva. Here, you can also take a stroll around the Royal Crescent, one of the country's most recognizable architectural landmarks for its brilliant depiction of the elegance of Georgian style.
- Scotland: The northern region of the island of Great Britain is home to Scotland. Our Scotland tours will bring you throughout this area to explore popular locations, such as Edinburgh Castle, Isle of Arran, and the Scottish Highlands. You can even go searching for Nessie, the mysterious creature known for swimming the waters of Loch Ness.
These are just some of the best United Kingdom tours. At Road Scholar, you can explore the British Isles through a wide range of tours, such as our popular Ireland tours and tours of Great Britain.
Choosing the Best Guided Tour of the United Kingdom
With so much to see and do, choosing the best United Kingdom tour can be a challenge. At Road Scholar, we make that choice easy. Our educational guided tours of England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland allow you to discover all this group of islands has to offer in a unique and engaging way. Some of our most popular United Kingdom escorted tours include:
- Exploring England and Wales to learn about Shakespeare, discover prestigious educational institutions like Cambridge and Oxford, and visit palaces like the Conwy castle.
- Taking a sea voyage of the British Isles to learn about WWII history and its cultural impact on Britain and France.
- Discovering the culture of Ireland through cuisine, interacting with locals, and expert-led excursions to historic sites.
Experience Travel with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, we offer a wide range of solo, group, and family tours of England you can enjoy. Through any of our programs, be it our Best of Ireland tours or tours of Scotland, you’ll be placed in a cohort of like-minded adventurers. Together, you’ll enjoy spirited conversations while learning more about the world’s cultures, history, and traditions from local experts.