Northwest National Park Tours
Explore National Parks in the American Northwest with Road Scholar. Our collection of Northwest National Park tours will bring you to some of the Northwest’s most iconic destinations, from the snow-capped mountains of Glacier National Park to the calming meadows of Yellowstone. No matter the trip you choose, you’ll learn from our expert naturalists and scientists who will help you discover the beauty and history of these preserved landscapes.
Highlights of Northwest National Park Tours
The American Northwest is filled with some of the world’s most famous National Parks. Take a look at the highlights of some of the best National Park vacations in the Northwest below:
- Crater Lake National Park: Toketee Falls, Rim Drive, Pinnacles Overlook Hike
- North Cascades National Park: Washington Pass Overlook, Sterling Munro Trail, Diablo Lake Vista Point
- Redwood National Park: Avenue of Giants, Stout Grove, Fern Canyon
- Mount Rainier National Park: Myrtle Falls, Reflection Lake, Narada Falls
- Olympic National Park: Hoh Rainforest, Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent
- Glacier Bay National Park: Bartlett Cove, The Intertidal Zone, Forest Loop Trail
- Glacier National Park: Going-to-the-Sun Road, Many Glacier, Logan Pass
- Yellowstone National Park: Old Faithful Geyser, Lamar Valley, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- Grand Teton National Park: Jenny Lake, Signal Mountain, Inspiration Point and Hidden Falls
- Denali National Park: Horseshoe Lake Trail, Wonder Lake, Mt. Healy Overlook Trail
- Kenai Fjords National Park: Exit Glacier, Pedersen Glacier, Fox Island
These are just some of the most popular attractions of each Northwest National Park tour. At Road Scholar, our expert guides will help you discover more of the highlights of each park, serving up a deeper understanding of each unique history, biodiversity, and landscape.
Tips for Visiting Northwest National Parks
There are numerous Northwest National Parks to visit, and each has its own unique ecosystems and environments to consider. With that said, it’s always best to be prepared to ensure your National Park vacation in the Northwest goes smoothly. Take a look at these National Park travel tips to get the most out of your next adventure:
- Bring extra storage for garbage to protect wildlife
- Pack extra layers to stay protected from unexpected weather changes
- Bring plenty of snacks and food to stay hydrated and energized throughout your trip
- Talk with Park Rangers and bring a map of the park to get a better understanding of where to explore
These are just some of the National Park travel tips to keep in mind when exploring these preserved areas. Always do your research beforehand to get a better understanding of what to pack for the specific National Park you’re visiting.
Book Your Northwest National Park Trip with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, we have a wide range of National Park vacation packages for the American Northwest to choose from. Whether you’re looking for group National Park tours to Yellowstone or a solo adventure to Grand Teton, we have a great selection of National Park vacations.
No matter the learning adventure you choose, you’ll explore with a diverse cohort and return with lifelong friends and memories. In addition to National Parks to visit in the Northwest, we also have adventures to Southwest National Parks, such as Zion and the Grand Canyon. If you’re ready for an adventure of a lifetime, book with Road Scholar today.