Northeast National Park Tours
The Northeast is filled with rich history that dates back centuries. Through Northeast National Park tours at Road Scholar, and can discover the past through National Parks and National Historic Sites in New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and more.
Road Scholar’s expert-led National Park trips in the Northeast allow you to explore some of America’s most noteworthy areas, such as Acadia National Park and the historical paths of revolutionaries on Boston’s Freedom Trail.
Want to learn more about travel to our National Parks? Check out our top National Parks tips.
Highlights of Northeast National Park Tours
The Northeast is home to some of the country’s oldest and most remarkable sites. At Road Scholar, we have a collection of the best National Park vacations in the Northeast to choose from, so you can discover more about the history and landscapes that define America. If you’re looking to explore National Parks in the Northeast, check out these highlights:
- Acadia National Park (Maine): Located along the rocky cliffs of Mount Desert Island in northeast Maine, you’ll find Acadia National Park, where you can watch the first sunrise that hits America. From glacier-carved Cadillac Mountain to discovering wildlife like moose, bears, and whales, Acadia National Park is teeming with adventure.
- Shenandoah National Park (Virginia): Shenandoah National Park can be found within the Blue Ridge Mountains. To explore this National Park, you can drive along the Skyline Drive and make pit stops to explore areas like segments of the Appalachian Trail, waterfalls, wetlands, and the mountain peaks of Hawksbill and Old Rag.
Aside from the two National Parks to visit in the American Northeast, there are countless National Historic Sites and Historic Parks you can visit. Notable areas you can explore through Road Scholar include the Freedom Trail in Boston, Civil War Battlefields like Gettysburg, Antietam, and Harpers Ferry, and hiking along the Appalachian Trail.
Tips for Visiting Northeast National Parks
With several Northeast National Parks to visit, it’s important to be prepared. No matter the National Park you decide to explore, there are numerous tips and safety precautions to abide by to ensure a safe and memorable trip, including:
- Following park guidelines and rules, such as not feeding or approaching wildlife and staying on designated trails and paths
- Checking for inclement weather to avoid dangerous conditions
- Packing food and water to stay fueled and hydrated
- Wearing sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hot to stay protected from the sun
- Talking with park rangers to learn more about the parks, such as areas to visit and history
Book Your Northeast National Park Trip with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, we have a great selection of National Park vacation packages for the American Northeast to choose from. Whether you’re looking to hike along the Atlantic Coast in Acadia or uncover the history that makes up America’s Civil War Battlefields, our unique experiential travel adventures led by local guides offer one-of-a-kind learning experiences.
From National Park trips with your grandchildren to group National Park tours, browse our Northeast National Park tours today.