Grandchild National Park Tours
America’s National Parks are filled with adventure. From unique wildlife to rich history, National Parks offer the perfect learning opportunity for everyone of every age. At Road Scholar, our grandchild National Park tours allow you and your grandchildren to learn about everything, from cacti and craters to coral reefs.
Through our programs, you can explore National Parks with your grandchildren by raft or horseback, on walks, hikes, and even snorkeling adventures. Book your National Park visit with your grandchildren with Road Scholar today.
Highlights of Grandchild National Park Tours
If you’re looking to take a National Park trip with your grandchild, look no further than Road Scholar. Our collection of grandchild National Park tours offers a wide range of unique learning experiences to choose from that are engaging for adventurers of all abilities and ages. Take a look at highlights of our National Park vacation packages for grandchildren below:
- Rafting: From the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon to the Yellowstone River, we have several rafting adventures you and your grandchildren can embark on to get a one-of-a-kind perspective on America’s National Parks.
- Horseback riding: Saddle up and experience how the original explorers traversed these lands through horseback riding tours. Whether you’re discovering the red slot canyons of Zion National Park or the Black Hills surrounding Mount Rushmore, our horseback riding trips are memorable learning opportunities for you and your grandchild to share.
- Train tours: Discover the National Parks by rail through any of our railway National Park tours. You and your grandchild can hop aboard the Grand Canyon Railway and explore Arizona, or take a trip to Yosemite and discover Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad, where you’ll learn how to pan for gold and about the influence of the California Gold Rush.
- Hiking: America’s National Parks are filled with endless hiking trails that walk you through a wide range of landscapes, from the meadows of Yellowstone and the waterfalls of Yosemite to the ocean cliffs in Acadia and the forests of the Great Smoky Mountains. Our guided hiking tours are perfect for grandchild National Park visits.
Tips for Visiting National Parks With Grandchildren
National Parks offer endless learning opportunities and knowledge to discover. However, it’s important to be prepared when traveling with grandchildren to ensure they’re safe and have an enjoyable trip. Check out our National Park travel tips below:
- Educate your grandchildren about park safety tips, such as observing wildlife from a safe distance and staying on designated park trails and paths
- Pack plenty of food, water, and snacks, so everyone in the group has the energy they need to explore
- Wear sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses to stay protected against the sun
- Talk with park rangers to learn about the park, hidden gems, and history
- Pack several layers to stay prepared for temperature changes and weather fluctuations
Book Your Grandchild National Park Trip with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, we offer the best grandchildren National Park vacations. A National Park vacation with your grandchild through Road Scholar comes with a local expert guide who will walk you through the park’s history, wilderness, and landscapes. From group National Park tours to easy-paced National Park adventures, we have experiential learning adventures that everyone in the family can enjoy. Book your grandchild National Park tour with Road Scholar today.