- Child’s Date of Birth
- Child’s Address (where we can mail their Information Packet)
- If traveling internationally: Child’s legal name as it appears on their passport
- Any special needs or food allergies we need to be aware of
- Number of people attending in your group and how many rooms you are looking for (see below)
Our Grandparent and Family Programs offer different room configurations, depending on the program. Some lodging will comfortably accommodate the grandparent and grandchild, and others can accommodate two adults and a grandchild. In some cases, where the room cannot accommodate three, one adult will need to enroll in a single room. In all situations, an adult must room with the minor child. We will ask you about room configurations upon enrolling in a program, so please take some time to consider this before you call to enroll.
Room option examples:
- 2 Adults/2 Children (4 in one room)
- 1 Adult/2 Children (3 in one room)
- 1 Adult/1 Child (2 in one room)
- 2 Adults/1 Child (3 in a room)
No. The safety of the child is our priority. Any minors participating in a Road Scholar program must share a room with an accompanying adult.
We strongly recommend you select a program where you can take part in all the activities so you can make the most of your time with your grandchild. However, in some cases, adults may sit out of an activity. If you are unsure that you’ll be able to take part in an activity on a Grandparent Program, please email email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-877-426-8056, M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00p.m. (ET), and we will be happy to advise.
- Enrollment Confirmation
After you enroll in a Grandparent or Family Program, you will receive an Enrollment Confirmation that will include basic information about your order, such as the names of those enrolled, your rooming selection and payment information.
- Parental Consent Form
Next, we’ll send you the Parental Consent Form. Two copies of the signed Parental Consent form are required for all children under the age of 18 participating in Road Scholar programs. Detailed instructions on completing and returning the form will be enclosed with the form, but below are some FAQs that may help answer any other questions you might have.
- Information Packet(s)
An Information Packet that includes an up-to-date daily schedule, contact information, a packing list and a reading list — everything you’ll need to prepare — will be sent before the program begins.
- If you enroll in an International program, you’ll receive a Final Information Packet with more details.