Adventures for Solo Travelers
Just because you’re a solo traveler doesn’t mean you have to go at it alone. At Road Scholar, we have unique adventures for solo travelers, where you’ll be gathered with similar travelers like yourself, along with couples and other small groups. No matter the trip you choose, you’ll be able to learn about a wide range of destinations in the comfort of a like-minded group. On our solo travel tours, you’ll explore cultures and environments with a group of strangers and return with a new family of lifelong friends.
Build Connections That Will Last
At Road Scholar, we aim to connect people through immersive experiences across the globe. While solo adventures can be intimidating, you can rest assured knowing you won’t feel alone in our travel groups. By connecting you with a small group of travelers (solos and couples alike), you’ll be able to share experiences and stories, all while adventuring through new cities, mountains, forests, or coasts.
We also know how fulfilling solo travel trips can be, which is why we create our educational travel programs to ensure you get the freedom you need while having the safety of a group. Go off the beaten path, uncovering hidden treasures in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan in a small group of 13-18 participants. Or, stay close to home exploring some of America’s most pristine National Parks that are rich in wildlife and natural wonder.
Reap the Benefits of Solo Travel
There are many benefits of solo tours and exploring on your own. Solo travel trips allow you to travel on your own terms and decide what you want to see. With that said, here are some of the top benefits of solo travel tours:
- Meet new people: Adventures for solo travelers open the world to forming new relationships. This is because you’re more inclined to meet new people, start conversations, and create long-lasting relationships. When traveling in your Road Scholar cohort, you’ll be able to discover side-by-side with new people and enjoy spirited conversations that allow you to forge deeper relationships that last a lifetime.
- Follow your plan: Solo travel trips give you more autonomy to follow your own interests. You can travel on your terms, deciding where you want to visit and for how long. When you’re in charge of your own decisions, you can check off your bucket list items without having to make compromises.
- Better understand yourself: When traveling in groups, it can be easy to get distracted and follow in the footsteps of those around you. Solo travel tours allow you to take a step back, reflect, and better know yourself. Spending time in a new country with new cultures and traditions gives you the opportunity to embrace being alone and dig deeper into who you are.
- Pursue your interests: Without friends or family influencing your decisions, you can pursue your interests. You can join solo travel groups that focus on areas of life you enjoy, whether it’s hiking in the wilderness, spending time in museums, biking throughout new cities, or taking classes to better understand local customs and traditions.
Our solo guided tours at Road Scholar place you in a cohort of lifelong learners, including solo travelers like yourself, along with couples, families, and small groups of friends. Filled with solo travelers, couples, friends, retirees, and professionals, you’ll receive a rich learning experience unlike any other.
Privileged Access to the World’s Most Desired Destinations
Whether it’s your first solo adventure vacation or your tenth, you’ll gain privileged access to some of the world’s most sought-after destinations, led by expert instructors who guide you throughout your tour in an entourage of solo travelers, groups, and couples.
Are you looking to gain a deeper appreciation for the arts? Gain a comprehensive understanding of the art, history and architecture of Prague as you learn from local scholars and resident experts. Or, if you’re looking for something more active, take a solo travel tour through Arizona’s Marble Canyon and Vermilion Cliffs . With 46 adventures for solo travelers, couples, and groups, you’re sure to find an experience that meets your preferences.
Adventures for Solo Travelers
Adventures for solo travelers can take you across the globe, giving you the opportunity to discover and experience new cultures, traditions, cuisine, geography, and wildlife. Whether you’re interested in a tropical rainforest excursion or a history-packed European tour, here are some ideas for solo travel trips to spark your interest:
- United States: Looking to start your solo travel experience close to home? If so, the United States has a lot to offer. From world-renowned National Parks like Yosemite, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon to historic cities like New Orleans and St. Augustine, there’s no better way to travel alone with a tour group than making your way through America’s gems.
- Europe: There are countless adventures for solo travelers in Europe to choose from. Make a stop in Dublin, Ireland, and venture off to the awe-inspiring Cliffs of Moher that will take your breath away. Or, enjoy the best of Germany by visiting small Bavarian villages and major metropolises like Berlin. You can even spend your solo travel trip in Paris or Lisbon. No matter where you want to end up, Road Scholar can take you there.
- South America: South America is teeming with adventure. From walking in the footsteps of Darwin in the Galápagos Islands to hiking Machu Picchu to better understand ancient Incan civilizations, the opportunities for exciting solo travel tours are endless.
At Road Scholar, we have an extensive collection of adventures for solo travelers to choose from. Our solo travel groups can take you everywhere from Costa Rica in Latin America to Jordan and Israel in the Middle East. Have peace of mind knowing you have the support of a group no matter where in the world you find yourself.
Become a Road Scholar Today
To help you narrow down your search, you can use the drop-down menus that allow you to filter based on different criteria. If you’re interested in travel tours for single adults that explore Europe, use the “Destination” filter. Or, if you’re sticking to a budget, you can refine your search based on price, so you can find solo traveler tours that keep your finances in check. You can even filter your search based on the duration of the trip, your desired date range and activity level.
Road Scholar aims to provide immersive, educational and memorial adventure travel for solo travelers. Through our adventures, you’ll be able to explore with solos, couples, and groups, and return with lifelong memories. Book today to secure your spot on one of the next adventures for solo travelers.
Below you'll find our favorite adventures for solo travelers. Looking for more info? Check out our Solo Travel Resources or our Practical Information for Solo Travelers pages.
Enroll in a solo educational adventure today with Road Scholar!