Yosemite National Park Tours
Looking to surround yourself with giants? At Road Scholar, our Yosemite National Park tours immerse you in this National Park’s natural beauty, where you can marvel at the ancient giant sequoias shooting toward the sky in Mariposa Grove, or spend a day exploring the many water features, such as the 2,425-foot Yosemite Falls or the quaint Yosemite Creek.
Our National Park trips to Yosemite show you why this land is a dedicated UNESCO World Heritage Site. From unique wildlife to the stunning vistas of Half Dome and El Capitan, you’ll be able to explore Yosemite National Park on a one-of-a-kind learning adventure.
Highlights of Yosemite National Park Tours
Yosemite National Park is filled with adventure. From the soft forest floors to subalpine valleys, there are plenty of breathtaking features to discover. Road Scholar offers the best Yosemite National Park vacations that are ripe with unique learning experiences. Take a look at some highlights of our Yosemite National Park tours:
- Yosemite Falls: One of the key features of this National Park is Yosemite Falls, which is a waterfall plunging 2,425 feet down into Yosemite Creek. Falling over a wall of granite, this waterfall can be seen from multiple vantage points throughout the park. And if you’re up for adventure, you embark on a 7.2-mile round trip hike that brings you over the falls for awe-inspiring vistas of the entire park.
- Half Dome: No National Park visit to Yosemite is complete without taking in the views of Half Dome, a colossal granite rock face that looks over the entire park. Half Dome is one of the “big climbs” for world-class mountain climbers adventurous enough to scale the mountain. However, there are plenty of great vantage points throughout the park, including Tunnel View, Glacier Point, and Mirror Lake.
- El Capitan: While Half Dome might seem like the tallest rock face in the park, at the North End, you’ll find El Capitan, another granite rock face that is an additional 1,000 feet taller, clocking in at over 3,000 feet. Views of El Capitan can be enjoyed at Tunnel View and El Capitan Meadow.
These are just some of the many highlights of Yosemite National Park visits. Honorable mentions include Glacier Point, Bridalveil Falls, Ansel Adams Gallery, and The Ahwahnee Hotel.
Tips for Visiting Yosemite National Park
Like any trip to a National Park, it’s important to be prepared. While Yosemite National Park is filled with many breathtaking wonders, these massive waterfalls and mountains with steep ledges can pose risks, as well as the wildlife. To ensure your National Park vacation in Yosemite goes to plan, follow these tips:
- Stay on all designated park trails and follow directions
- Pack plenty of food and water to stay energized throughout your trip
- Share your itinerary with a close friend or family members
- Talk with park rangers to learn more about the park
- Respect wildlife and view at a safe distance
- Pick up after yourself and dispose of trash and recycling in designated receptacles
Want to learn more about travel to our National Parks? Check out our top National Parks tips.
Book Your Yosemite National Park Trip with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, our Yosemite National Park tours are second to none, taking you off the beaten path with expert tour guides who will showcase the park in its entirety. In your experiential learning group, you’ll join a diverse cohort who will learn and discover with you. Whether you want to explore Yosemite with grandchildren or go on an easy-paced National Park adventure, we have National Park vacation packages for Yosemite for everyone.