Florida National Park Tours
Florida has some of the richest biodiversity in the country. At Road Scholar, our Florida National Park tours allow you to discover the unique wildlife and landscapes that attract millions to the Sunshine State. From the Everglades to Biscayne National Park, these are just some of the protected areas in Florida worth exploring. At Road Scholar, we can make this happen through our National Park vacation packages for the South.
Want to learn more about travel to our National Parks? Check out these National Parks tips.
Highlights of Florida National Park Tours
Florida is teeming with wildlife that’s ready to be discovered. If you’re looking for Florida National Parks to visit, you’re in the right place. Below, you’ll find highlights of the best national park vacations in Florida:
- Biscayne National Park: Even though it’s located just outside of the lively city of Miami, Biscayne National Park seems worlds away. Here, coral reefs, aquamarine waters, and emerald islands are protected, allowing you to take in 10,000 years of history that includes pineapple farmers and shipwrecks. You can even go boating, diving, and fishing while enjoying the warm sun rays Florida has to offer.
- Dry Tortugas National Park: If you’re looking to explore one of the most remote National Parks, visit Dry Tortugas. Only accessible by boat or seaplane, Dry Tortugas is a 100-square mile protected area with seven islands off of Key West that is brimming with marine life, coral reefs, and birds.
- Everglades National Park: One of America’s most famous National Parks is the Everglades. The protected refuge gives visitors the chance to discover rare and endangered species, such as the Hawksbill sea turtle, Florida panther, American crocodile, and the wood stork. You can also view sawgrass marshes and coastal mangroves through airboat tours.
If you’re looking to explore National Parks in the South, look no further than Road Scholar. In addition to our Florida National Park tours, you can adventure through Shenandoah National Park, the Great Smoky Mountains, and more.
Tips for Visiting Florida National Parks
National Park vacations in Florida allow you to immerse yourself into preserved habitats filled with rare and endangered wildlife. With that said, it’s important to know how to prepare for a National Park trip in Florida. Some tips to ensure your adventure goes to plan include:
- Respecting wildlife by observing at a distance, staying on designated trails and paths, picking up after yourself, and disposing of garbage in designated trash bins.
- Packing extra food and water to stay hydrated and fueled throughout your trip
- Wearing sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to stay protected from the Florida sun
- Speaking with park rangers to learn about hidden gems, history, and rules
Book Your Florida National Park Trip with Road Scholar
Road Scholar is home to an expansive collection of National Park vacation packages for the South to choose from. Whether you’re interested in National Park trips with your grandchildren or group National Park tours, we have tours for everyone. Led by local experts, you’ll forge lasting memories with your diverse cohort and return with newfound knowledge you can carry for life.