National Park Hiking Tours
If you’re up for an adventure, it’s time to book your National Park hiking tour with Road Scholar. Through our experiential learning programs, you’ll be able to hike through some of America’s most pristine National Parks, such as Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon.
Alpine forests, rock spires, waterfalls, glacier-carved peaks, and crater lakeshores are some of the key features you can discover through our National Park hiking vacation packages. Book your trip today to cover some miles and see the beauty of these parks from a unique vantage point.
Highlights of National Hiking Park Tours
America is a country with one of the most diverse landscapes in the world. From deep canyons to towering mountains, America’s National Parks allow you to explore the great outdoors, discover unique wildlife, and learn about the country’s rich history. Take a look at highlights of some of the best National Parks for hiking below:
- Yosemite: Tucked away in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California, Yosemite is one of the most popular National Parks in America. A National Park hiking tour through Yosemite can bring you along popular trails, such as the 7.2-mile excursion to the top of Yosemite Falls, where you’ll climb up over 2,700 feet, or the world-famous hike to the top of Half Dome, which can take anywhere between 10-15 hours.
- Grand Canyon: The Grand Canyon is another National Park that offers unbeatable views and remarkable hiking trails. For an easy day hike, adventurers can take the 7-mile South Kaibab Trail down into the heart of the canyon to the Colorado River.
For more experienced hikers looking to explore the entirety of the canyon, you can hike the Rim to Rim trail, a 24-mile trail that connects the North and South Rims and often takes one to two days to complete.
- Zion National Park: Known for its slope canyons and crimson red mountain faces, Zion is one of the best National Parks for hiking. Here, you can hike the world-famous trail to Angel’s Landing, which is a 2.4-mile hike that climbs over 1,500 feet and ends with a narrow ridge with a chain-assisted rock climbing section.
Once at the top, you’ll enjoy panoramic views of the entire park. Another popular hiking trip in Zion National Park is the Narrows, which brings hikers through the slot canyon carved by the Virgin River, and allows hikers to go as far as 16-miles out.
These are just some of the top hiking tours in USA National Parks. At Road Scholar, we have a wide selection of National Park hiking tours to choose from that allow you to experience these parks in a way like never before.
Tips for Hiking National Parks
Hiking National Parks is a great way to discover America’s heritage in a one-of-a-kind way. However, safety is key when it comes to exploring the wilderness, so it’s important to be prepared. Before you embark on your hiking adventure, consider these National Park travel tips:
- Wear waterproof hiking boots with high traction to stay grounded on wet and slippery surfaces
- Pack stormproof gear to stay protected from the elements and any inclement weather
- Pack plenty of food and water to stay hydrated throughout your hike
- Respect the park and wildlife by picking up trash and admiring animals from a safe distance
- Stay on designated park trails and bring a park map
Book Your National Park Hiking Trip with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, our National Park hiking tours are second to none. Whether you’re interested in group National Park tours to Glacier National Park or a solo hiking adventure to Great Sand Dunes National Park, you can enjoy expert-led hiking tours by our knowledgeable instructors. Book your National Park hiking vacation today to see what you can discover.