Hiking National Parks Adventures
If you’re up for an adventure, it’s time to book your National Park hiking tour with Road Scholar. Through our experiential learning programs, you can hike through some of America’s most pristine national parks, such as Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon.
Alpine forests, rock spires, waterfalls, glacier-carved peaks, and crater lakeshores are some of the key features you can discover through our national park hiking vacation packages. Book your trip today to cover some miles and see the beauty of these parks from a unique vantage point.
Highlights of National Hiking Park Tours
America is a country with one of the most diverse landscapes in the world. From deep canyons to towering mountains, America’s national parks allow you to explore the great outdoors, discover unique wildlife, and learn about the country’s rich history. Take a look at highlights of some of the best national parks for hiking below:
- Yosemite: Tucked away in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California, Yosemite is one of the most popular national parks in America. A national park hiking tour through Yosemite can bring you along popular trails, such as the 7.2-mile excursion to the top of Yosemite Falls, where you will climb up over 2,700 feet, or the world-famous hike to the top of Half Dome, which can take 10-15 hours.
- Grand Canyon: The Grand Canyon is another national park that offers unbeatable views and remarkable hiking trails. For an easy day hike, adventurers can take the 7-mile South Kaibab Trail down into the heart of the canyon to the Colorado River. For more experienced hikers looking to explore the entirety of the canyon, you can hike the Rim to Rim trail, a 24-mile trail that connects the North and South Rims and often takes one to two days to complete.
- Zion National Park: Known for its slope canyons and crimson-red mountain faces, Zion is one of the best national parks for hiking. Here, you can hike the world-famous trail to Angel’s Landing, a 2.4-mile hike that climbs over 1,500 feet and ends with a narrow ridge with a chain-assisted rock climbing section. Once at the top, you can enjoy panoramic views of the entire park. Another popular hiking trip in Zion National Park is the Narrows, which brings hikers through the slot canyon carved by the Virgin River and allows hikers to go as far as 16 miles out.
These are just some of the top hiking tours in USA national parks. At Road Scholar, we have a wide selection of national park hiking tours that allow you to experience these parks in a unique way.
Tailored Experiences for Hiking National Parks
Hiking national parks is a great way to take in the picturesque landscapes that define America. At Road Scholar, we have a wide range of national park guided hiking tours led by local experts who will teach you about the history, geography, and wildlife of each park. We curate a wide selection of tailored experiences for you. Explore some of our top national park hiking trips below.
- Yellowstone National Park: Situated in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana, Yellowstone offers one of the best national park hiking tours, allowing you to spot geysers like Old Faithful, hot springs, and unique wildlife like bison and elk. Hiking national parks is a great way to learn more about America’s terrain and geography, along with the history of how these parks shaped the country. Some of the top hikes in Yellowstone include Mount Washburn and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, which offers sweeping views of Lower Yellowstone River Falls.
- Big Bend National Park: Another one of our top national park hiking tours takes you to Texas, where you can explore Big Bend. This is a great national park for grandparents, as it boasts a range of trails, from easy walks to more challenging backcountry routes, meeting a wide range of experience levels. In Big Bend, hike the Santa Elena Canyon Trail along the Rio Grande for a unique perspective of the park’s diverse landscape.
- Acadia National Park: A popular Northeast national park that offers stunning views is located in Maine. Acadia National Park is known for its rugged coastline with evergreen trees and steep cliffs jutting into the Atlantic. Popular national park hikes in Acadia include hiking to the top of Cadillac Mountain, the Ocean Path, and the Gorham Mountain Trail.
- Badlands National Park: An exciting Northwest national park that offers exceptional hiking options is Badlands National Park, where you can discover the rugged and colorful landscape of eroded buttes and pinnacles. Top hikes in the Badlands include the Castle Trail, Door Trail, and Notch Trail, where you can see distinctive rock formations.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: One of our most popular national park guided hiking tours brings you to Bryce Canyon in Utah. As you hike along the Navajo Loop Trail and Peekaboo Loop Trail, you can marvel at the breathtaking views of the canyon. Our national park hiking trips to Bryce Canyon can also bring you to nearby parks like Zion and the Grand Canyon.
- Glacier National Park: Glacier National Park is one of the country’s most beautiful national parks, thanks to its jaw-dropping views of mountains, lakes, and glaciers. From alpine meadows to crystal-clear lakes, hiking national parks like Glacier allow you to view landscapes you can’t see anywhere else. Popular hikes include Grinnell Lake, Trail of the Cedars, and Avalanche Lake.
These are some of our top-tailored hiking experiences at Road Scholar. Browse our complete national park guided hiking tours section to find an adventure that speaks to your interests and activity level.
Tips for Hiking National Parks
Hiking national parks is a great way to discover America’s heritage in a one-of-a-kind way. However, safety is key when it comes to exploring the wilderness, so it’s important to be prepared. Before you embark on your hiking adventure, consider these national park travel tips:
- Wear waterproof hiking boots with high traction to stay grounded on wet and slippery surfaces
- Pack stormproof gear to stay protected from the elements and any inclement weather
- Pack plenty of food and water to stay hydrated throughout your hike
- Respect the park and wildlife by picking up trash and admiring animals from a safe distance
- Stay on designated park trails and bring a park map
Book Your National Park Hiking Trip With Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, our national park hiking tours are second to none. Whether you’re interested in group national park tours to Glacier National Park or a solo hiking adventure to Great Sand Dunes National Park, you can enjoy expert-led hiking tours by our knowledgeable instructors. Book your national park hiking vacation today to see what you can discover.