Treat yourself to a music vacation adventure with programs from Road Scholar that take you to the best music festivals in the U.S., Canada, and beyond. From jazz in Monterey to opera music in New Mexico, you can attend performances, meet musicians, enjoy behind-the-scenes access, and explore your surroundings.
Tips To Make the Most of Music Tours for Seniors
Music tours can be a fantastic way for seniors to enjoy live music and explore new places. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of our music festival tours:
- Research: Before booking a music festival tour, make sure they feature artists from the genres you enjoy.
- Plan ahead: Be sure to make a list of must-see attractions or landmarks in the music travel destinations so you won’t miss out on any special experiences. For instance, on the Road Scholar tour, Opera Extravaganza: The Santa Fe Opera Festival Season, you'll enjoy a Santa Fe city field trip and have a chance to explore the museums at world-renowned Museum Hill.
- Packing: Pack comfortable clothing and shoes for walking and standing for an extended time.
- Connection: When you book a tour with Road Scholar, you are automatically enrolled in a club of like-minded people who likely enjoy the same music. Strike up conversations, exchange stories, and make new friends to enhance the overall experience.
- Local culture: Explore the local music scene and immerse yourself in the culture of the places you visit. Find out what that city is known for, and be sure to set aside time to experience it. For example, on the Monterey Jazz Festival tour, guests will be treated to the beauty of oak-studded Carmel Valley with lodgings at a historic country inn dating back to the 1800s.
- Stay hydrated and rested: You can expend a lot of energy on a music tour, so be sure to get lots of rest and drink plenty of water.
- Engage with the performers: If possible, attend meet-and-greet sessions or after-show events where you can interact with the performers. On Road Scholar’s Tanglewood: Meet the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Its Summer Home tour, guests are invited to meet BSO instrumentalists to discuss what it's like to be in a world-class orchestra and learn from BSO staff about its inner workings.
- Enjoy the journey: Enjoy the entire journey, not just the musical performances. Marvel at the scenery, savor local cuisines, and relish the joy of being surrounded by music lovers like yourself. At the Spoleto Festival in South Carolina, you can ride a horse-drawn carriage through more than 300 years of history, including antebellum mansions, churches, and gardens.
Explore Music Festivals With Road Scholar
Explore Road Scholar's special collection of tours for music lovers, festival tours, and tours for the holidays. Road Scholar’s experiential programs consist of diverse cohorts of like-minded travelers eager to learn. Through spirited conversations and active discovery, you’ll return with lifelong friends and cherished memories.