Educational Holiday Travels
End your year on a high note by booking holiday travel with Road Scholar. The holidays are an excellent time to explore new cultures, customs, and traditions, whether it’s Santa Fe holiday traditions in New Mexico or Fête de Noël in Québec City.
At Road Scholar, you can book holiday tours and travel with expert guides who will take you off the beaten path to gain a deeper understanding of the world around you. Explore our holiday trips below to see what local celebrations you can participate in.
Holiday Tours for Everyone
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting learning adventure for the family, look no further than Road Scholar. In our collection of holiday travel tours, you can find an experience perfect for everyone, from children to grandparents and solo travelers to intellectuals. Some one-of-a-kind holiday trips you can enjoy include:
- United States: If you’re interested in a winter getaway close to home, explore our Christmas travel programs in the U.S. From spending New Year’s in America’s Finest City, San Diego, to watching the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall in New York City — these holiday trips are hard to beat.
- Italy: For those ready for holiday tours and travel abroad, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Italy, where you can attend local concerts in Sorrento, taste Umbrian cuisine in Assisi, or enjoy the Christmas markets in Rome.
- Canada: Whether you’re traveling to Québec City or Montreal, Canada has a lot to offer. Our neighbor up north blends Old World traditions with modern culture through art, music, and cuisine.
- France: Enjoy Parisian cuisine while you ring in the New Year with a holiday trip to France. In Paris, you can explore iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, while areas along the Mediterranean like Nice offer more moderate temperatures for those seeking warmth in the cooler months.
- Road Scholar @Home: If you don’t want to leave the comfort of your home this winter, you can still explore the world around you through one of our online learning programs. You can learn about cultural traditions like the Day of the Dead in Santa Muerte through our online courses. Holiday travel can be stressful — virtual experiences take the hassle out of travel by bringing the world to you.
These are some of the many holiday travel opportunities we offer at Road Scholar. You can also enjoy an authentic Mexican Christmas in Oaxaca, witness the Aurora Borealis on New Year’s in Iceland, or have a colonial Christmas in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Take your Holiday Trip With Road Scholar
Holiday travel with Road Scholar is hard to beat. No matter where in the world you want to explore, our team can help. Our expert local guides can walk you through historical areas, highlight regional geography, and help you spot unique wildlife along the way.
You’ll even be able to taste local cuisine, interact with locals, and discover with a cohort of like-minded learners interested in the world around them. If you’re ready for a Christmas trip, review our travel tips and book today.