Island Adventure Tours for Seniors
There’s nothing like enjoying a little bit of island time where the pace is slow and your body is relaxed. At Road Scholar, we have educational island adventure tours that are perfect for anyone’s interests, whether you’re looking to go snorkeling or on slow-paced walking tours.
Our island tours for seniors can bring you all across the globe, from the crystal clear waters of Puerto Rico to volcanic beaches in the Caribbean and historic lighthouses off the coast of New England. Ready to enjoy some of the simple things in life? Browse our collection of the best islands for senior trips below.
Best Island Vacations for Seniors
Islands bring out the best in everyone. With close-knit communities, local cuisine, and plenty of adventure, island vacations have a lot to offer. Take a look at our roundup of the best island vacations for seniors below:
- Galápagos Islands: Located off the coast of South America are the coveted Galápagos Islands. These islands are one of the world’s most renowned icons due to their incredibly rare wildlife that can’t be found anywhere else. Known for Charles Darwin’s study of evolution, you can spot marine iguana, Galápagos giant tortoises, blue-footed boobies, and flightless cormorants from a safe distance.
- Hawaii: One of the best islands for senior trips is Hawaii. With seven larger islands in this archipelago, you can tour the Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum on Oahu, relax on the beach in Maui, and explore Volcano National Park on the Big Island of Hawaii. Explore Hawaii and the Pacific Coast with Road Scholar today.
- Cuba: Because Road Scholar has authorized travel to Cuba, you can discover the rich history and culture this island has to offer. Through a trip to Cuba, you can take field trips to Las Terrazas, which is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, tour tobacco farms, and enjoy mouth-watering meals at local paladares.
- Greece: Greece is home to plenty of islands off its coast that are suitable for seniors, such as Mykonos, Delos, Paros, Crete, and Santorini, where you can learn about ancient Minoan civilizations, explore archaeological sites, and get a better understanding of Greek culture by visiting quaint fishing villages and their traditional way of life.
- Scotland: With some of Europe’s oldest monuments, Scotland is a premier island vacation for seniors. Here, you can discover ancient roots while taking in the breathtaking landscapes of its coast. From meeting Gaelic-speaking natives to unpacking the legends and stories that shape the traditions of its original settlers, an island vacation to Scotland is a must.
These are just some of the many island adventure tours you can enjoy through Road Scholar. Whether you’re interested in a winter getaway to the tropical waters of Bermuda or a cultural adventure to islands off of Italy, Road Scholar has you covered.
Island Adventure Tours with Road Scholar
At Road Scholar, our island tours for seniors are second to none. Led by regional experts, you’ll join a diverse cohort of lifelong learners and enjoy spirited conversations while discovering some of the world’s most famous islands. To prepare, review our travel tips for seniors and browse our collection of the best islands for senior trips to find a program for you.