Improve Your Game: Bridge Lessons in the Green Mountains
Program No. 23041RJ
Elevate your bridge game to new heights in the idyllic Green Mountains of Vermont, where you’ll learn about bidding, taking tricks, defensive play and much more!
5B 4L 5D
View Full Itinerary
Getting Started On Our First Hand
Getting In The Game
Planning The Play
Discovering The Joy of The Game
At a Glance
In picturesque Vermont, award-winning, certified instructors teach concepts rather than rules and help you master the game of bridge by playing hands. Each day's sessions include expert presentations on bidding, play of the hand and defense. By program’s end, you will have heightened your bridge skills and tested them by partnering up for a competitive but fun mini-tournament — perhaps with a jug of Vermont maple syrup as a grand prize!
Leisurely walking along groomed trails.
What You'll Learn
- Explore bidding with a modern, no-nonsense approach to Standard American, emphasizing competitive bidding tools.
- Learn all the secrets to taking tricks on purpose and see how easy it can be to count the cards.
- Examine defensive play and learn how to read through the back of your partner's cards.
Not suitable for beginners. Participants should have a working knowledge of Duplicate bridge and play regularly. Due to the nature of this program, listening devices are not available.
Recommended For You
- QuébecChoose Your Pace: Hiking and Walking Classics in Québec & Vermont
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorNature’s Laboratory: Wild Finds in the Galápagos With Your Family
- SpainThe Sea to Dalí: Hiking Catalonia & Spain’s Magical ‘Wild Coast’
- Online ProgramOnline Lecture: The 1906 Earthquake — The Disaster That Changed Everything
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorSurvival of the Fittest: Hiking, Biking & Water Sports on the Galápagos Islands