Micro Group Tours
With so many places in the world to visit, sometimes the best way to make the most out of your adventures is in an educational small group tour. At Road Scholar, our micro group tours place you in cohorts of no more than 12 fellow adventurers, so you can gain unique access to your instructor while still enjoying a group that provides a special camaraderie. Take a look at our small group travel experiences below that includes special dates created specifically for micro groups.
Choosing a Micro Group Tour
The world is filled with iconic destinations, beautiful landscapes, and unique cultures. So, which is the right micro group tour for you? At Road Scholar, we curate a wide range of small group tours to choose from, so you can find an educational learning adventure that matches your interests.
To choose the right small group travel experience, there are a few key factors to keep in mind, such as:
- Budget: How much do you plan on spending?
- Destination: What area of the world are you interested in learning more about?
- Time frame: How long do you want to travel for, and what dates?
- Activity level: Are you looking for a calm and relaxing educational experience or one that is more involved with physical activity like walking, biking, or kayaking?
At Road Scholar, you can filter through our intimate group tours and travel experience based on these criteria, so you can choose a micro group tour that meets your needs.
The Benefits of an Intimate Group Tour
Traveling with a small group is an excellent way to the world’s cultures, ecosystems, and traditions in a more intimate way. Some of the top benefits of intimate group tours and travel include:
- Flexibility: In smaller groups, making decisions is often much easier, allowing you to enjoy a wider range of accommodations together, such as restaurants, lodging, and activities.
- Lasting friendships: Micro group tours place you in an intimate cohort that allows you to have spirited conversations and discover new things together. At the end of your adventure, you’ll leave with lasting memories and friendships.
- Better time management: Small group travel also helps with time management. With fewer people to corral, you’ll be able to spend more time exploring your chosen destination.
- Unique access to your instructor: When exploring the world in smaller groups, you’ll be able to build a more intimate relationship with your expert instructor, allowing you to ask more thoughtful questions and learn more about the area you’re visiting.
These are just some of the many benefits of micro group tours through Road Scholar. If you’re ready to gain privileged access to some of the world’s most iconic destinations, browse our recommended group tours today.
Small Group Travel Options with 12 People
At Road Scholar, our micro group tours will place you in intimate groups of 12 people or less. Depending on your preferences, we have a great selection of unique educational adventure options, including senior group tours and women-only group tours. No matter the experience you choose, you’ll enjoy expert-led guided tours, great conversations with your small group, and local cuisine, traditions, and history.