Online Lecture: The Arab-Israel Conflict & the Current Crisis
Program No. 24762RJ
Join us on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 1 p.m. (ET)/ 10 a.m. (PT), for a free one-hour lecture and Q&A to learn about the Arab-Israel conflict.
At a Glance
Join Alan Dowty, former Chair of International Relations at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, for a timely survey of the Arab-Israel conflict. With recent developments making headlines, this lecture will provide vital context for understanding the complexities of this enduring clash affecting Israel, neighboring Arab nations and global politics. Learn how the history and ever-changing dynamics have led to current clashes.
Your online lecture will take place live over the course of 1-2 hours. All times are listed in the EASTERN time zone. If you live in a different time zone, please adjust your schedule accordingly. This live online experience uses Zoom Webinar, an easy-to-use web video service that includes closed captioning. All you need is an Internet connection and your computer. You will receive a confirmation email when you enroll, and a reminder email one week and one day before, as well as the morning of the event with a link and instructions on how to tune in. You will not be pictured on screen during the lecture, but you will have the opportunity to ask the instructor live questions using the Q&A box. Unless otherwise noted, all those who enroll in this program receive access to the live event as well as a recording of the lecture that you can watch any time within the two weeks following the live event. This free lecture is in loving memory of August Ferretti, passionate lifelong learner and Road Scholar friend.
Recommended For You
- QuébecChoose Your Pace: Hiking and Walking Classics in Québec & Vermont
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorNature’s Laboratory: Wild Finds in the Galápagos With Your Family
- SpainThe Sea to Dalí: Hiking Catalonia & Spain’s Magical ‘Wild Coast’
- Online ProgramOnline Lecture: The 1906 Earthquake — The Disaster That Changed Everything
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorSurvival of the Fittest: Hiking, Biking & Water Sports on the Galápagos Islands