Online Lecture: Sufism: An Introduction to the Traditions of Sufi Orders
Program No. 24341RJ
Join us on Wednesday, April 26, 2023, at 12 p.m. (ET)/ 9 a.m. (PT) for a FREE one-hour lecture and Q&A about Sufism, from its birth in the Islamic Empire through present day.
At a Glance
Join Volkan Yazici, a history expert, for a journey into the mystical world of Sufism. In this lecture, we'll dive into the origins of Sufism, explore the various orders that have emerged throughout history, and uncover its fascinating interpretations across different geographies and philosophies. Discover what Sufism was originally, how it has evolved over time and what it means in contemporary society.
Your online lecture will take place live over the course of 1-2 hours. All times are listed in the EASTERN time zone. If you live in a different time zone, please adjust your schedule accordingly. This live online experience uses Zoom Webinar, an easy-to-use web video service that includes closed captioning. All you need is an Internet connection and your computer. You will receive a confirmation email when you enroll, and a reminder email one week and one day before, as well as the morning of the event with a link and instructions on how to tune in. You will not be pictured on screen during the lecture, but you will have the opportunity to ask the instructor live questions using the Q&A box. Unless otherwise noted, all those who enroll in this program receive access to the live event as well as a recording of the lecture that you can watch any time within the two weeks following the live event. This free lecture is in loving memory of August Ferretti, passionate lifelong learner and Road Scholar friend.
Recommended For You
- QuébecChoose Your Pace: Hiking and Walking Classics in Québec & Vermont
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorNature’s Laboratory: Wild Finds in the Galápagos With Your Family
- SpainThe Sea to Dalí: Hiking Catalonia & Spain’s Magical ‘Wild Coast’
- Online ProgramOnline Lecture: The 1906 Earthquake — The Disaster That Changed Everything
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorSurvival of the Fittest: Hiking, Biking & Water Sports on the Galápagos Islands