Virtual, Educational Adventures Online
Discover the world from the comfort of your home through Road Scholar’s collection of online adventures. Through these digital experiences, you can gain a deeper understanding of the people, cultures, and landscape around you. Sign up for any of our virtual learning adventures and experience the world of Road Scholar at home.
What Are Educational Adventures Online With Road Scholar?
Road Scholar offers a wide range of online adventures that give you the opportunity to learn more about the world without the need to catch a flight. Through our virtual adventures, you’ll be able to engage with a week’s worth of live lectures, performances, discussions, and more that will re-create the Road Scholar experience online.
When you sign up for one of our adventures online, you’ll join a group of learners from various backgrounds, such as intellectuals, farmers, retirees, students, business professionals, and more. Led by expert instructors, our adventures open up the world around you in a way that gives you the chance to make lasting relationships and build lifelong knowledge.
If you’re ready to embark on a virtual learning adventure, browse our online lecture library. Here, you’ll find a vast collection of online adventures, such as the history and botany in Bermuda, an introduction to falconry, the history of Native American cuisine, or the life and art of Vincent Van Gogh. In our online lecture library, you’ll find virtual adventures that match any interest, whether it’s a deep dive into the history of a specific country or an analysis of a prominent figure in history.
No matter the online excursion you choose, you can rest assured knowing you’ll partake in an engaging and educational discussion with expert instructors and like-minded peers. To prepare for your online lecture, you’ll need the following equipment:
- High-speed internet
- Stable internet connection
All of our adventures online take place via Zoom, which is a video conferencing software that allows you to chat and interact online. Through Zoom, we can make learning accessible to all so that everyone can have the opportunity to partake in the Road Scholar experience.
What Are the Advantages of Online Adventures?
For those looking to learn more about the people, cultures, history, and environments of the world but can’t commit to several days or weeks of travel, it’s time to look into virtual learning adventures. Online adventures offer many attractive benefits, including:
- Accessibility: Adventures online are extremely accessible, and you can learn from anywhere in the world through our virtual learning adventures as long as you have a stable internet connection, mobile device or computer, and a microphone and camera.
- Affordability: Learning online is a budget-friendly way to learn about a specific destination without some of the more expensive costs that come with traveling.
- Relationships: Through our online adventures, you’ll be able to interact with peers from various backgrounds and anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to build friendships and meet people from different walks of life.
- Self-Pacing Options: Our virtual adventures allow you to learn at your own pace, so you can digest and process the information in a way that works for you.
These are just some of the many benefits of online adventures. Sign up for a Road Scholar virtual learning adventure today to learn more about a topic or destination that interests you.
Enroll in virtual adventures online today!