Online Lecture: War in the Summer of 1940' — the Battle of Britain
Program No. 24591RJ
Join us on Thursday, Feb. 16th, 2023, at 2 p.m. (ET)/ 11 a.m. (PT) for a one-hour lecture and Q&A about the Battle of Britain and the extraordinary events of ‘The Summer of 1940."
At a Glance
The summer of 1940 was a dark time in the history of Europe and, for a few weeks, Hitler came close to winning World War II. Join Dr. Spencer Jones, senior lecturer in armed forces and war studies at the University of Wolverhampton, for this three-part series on the remarkable events of “The Summer of 1940." The final lecture in this series will focus on the crucial turning point of the war with the aerial Battle of Britain.
Your online lecture will take place live over the course of 1-2 hours. All times are listed in the EASTERN time zone. If you live in a different time zone, please adjust your schedule accordingly. This live online experience uses Zoom Webinar, an easy-to-use web video service that includes closed captioning. All you need is an Internet connection and your computer. You will receive a confirmation email when you enroll, and a reminder email one week and one day before, as well as the morning of the event with a link and instructions on how to tune in. You will not be pictured on screen during the lecture, but you will have the opportunity to ask the instructor live questions using the Q&A box. Unless otherwise noted, all those who enroll in this program receive access to the live event as well as a recording of the lecture that you can watch any time within the two weeks following the live event.
Recommended For You
- QuébecChoose Your Pace: Hiking and Walking Classics in Québec & Vermont
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorNature’s Laboratory: Wild Finds in the Galápagos With Your Family
- SpainThe Sea to Dalí: Hiking Catalonia & Spain’s Magical ‘Wild Coast’
- Online ProgramOnline Lecture: The 1906 Earthquake — The Disaster That Changed Everything
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorSurvival of the Fittest: Hiking, Biking & Water Sports on the Galápagos Islands