Alaska National Park Tours
Alaska is home to one of the most diverse landscapes in the U.S. With a total of eight National Parks to visit in Alaska, you’ll have plenty to explore in The Last Frontier. From Denali to Katmai and Lake Clark to Kobuk Valley, these are some of the top Alaska National Parks to visit that are filled with snow-capped mountain tops, breathtaking vistas, and rich history.
With Road Scholar, you can explore these one-of-a-kind areas through our expert-led Alaska National Park Tours.
Highlights of Alaska National Park Tours
Alaska is teeming with adventure, such as stargazing in the land of the Northern Lights, discovering small-town culture, learning about ancient cultures like the Tlingit people, and spotting wildlife like caribou and moose. At Road Scholar, we have some of the best National Park vacations in Alaska to choose from, so you can witness these experiences first-hand.
Some highlights of our National Park vacation packages for the arctic & southwest include:
- Hiking: If you’re up for an adventure, embark on one of our Alaskan National Park hiking tours, where you can climb through Denali’s backcountry or hike through ancient forests in Kenai Fjords.
- Wildlife: Through our experiential learning adventures in Alaska, you’ll be able to view rare animals up close, such as whales, puffins, caribou, moose, otters, sea lions, and more.
- Train rides: Discover Alaska by rail on one of our railroad adventures on the Alaskan Railroad. Here, you can take in the sights of Alaska’s National Parks like Denali and Kenai Fjords.
- Dog sledding: In addition to unique modes of transportation, such as rafts, boats, and trains, you can embark on a dog sledding adventure through Alaska’s National Parks and learn about the history and geography from our expert naturalists and local guides.
- Glaciers: Alaska is known for its pristine, untouched beauty, and is also home to several famous glaciers, such as those found in Glacier Bay National Park and Kenai Fjords National Park.
These are just some of the top highlights you can experience when you explore National parks in the arctic & southwest with Road Scholar. Book your Alaska National Park tour today.
Tips for Visiting National Parks
Alaska’s unspoiled National Parks are some of the largest and perfectly preserved parks in the country. With that said, it’s important to know how to plan for your National Park vacation in Alaska. As you get ready for your National Park visit to Alaska, keep these National Park travel tips in mind:
- Respect wildlife and nature by hiking on designated paths and picking up after yourself by disposing of garbage in designated trash and recycling bins
- Bring the right gear, including plenty of layers of thermal and waterproof gear, as temperatures in Alaska’s National Parks can be cold
- Pack plenty of food and fluids for energy and hydration
- Talk with park rangers to get a better understanding of the park, including its history and hidden gems
Booking Your Alaska National Park Trip with Road Scholar
There are plenty of Alaska National Park tours that allow you to explore some of the world’s most unique landscapes. Road Scholar makes guided tours stress-free by doing all the planning for you — we handle arranging activities, creating an itinerary, and booking lodging. Whether you’re interested in group National Park tours or National Park trips with your grandchildren, Road Scholar has a learning adventure for everyone.