Online Lecture: The Iditarod — The Last Great Race
Program No. 24242RJ
Join us on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023, at 2 p.m. (ET)/ 11 a.m. (PT) for a one-hour lecture and Q&A about Alaska’s infamous and exciting sled dog race and the amazing sport of dog mushing.
At a Glance
This is the most iconic sled dog race in the world with a history rooted in the 1925 delivery of much-need Diphtheria serum to Nome, Alaska. Sled dogs and dog racing are embedded in Alaskan life. From the arrival of sled dogs in North America to the finish line of the Iditarod in Nome, join in the excitement and enthusiasm for the amazing sport of dog mushing in Alaska.
Your online lecture will take place live over the course of 1-2 hours. All times are listed in the EASTERN time zone. If you live in a different time zone, please adjust your schedule accordingly. This live online experience uses Zoom Webinar, an easy-to-use web video service that includes closed captioning. All you need is an Internet connection and your computer. You will receive a confirmation email when you enroll and a reminder email one week, one day, as well as the morning of the event with a link and instructions on how to tune in. You will not be pictured on screen during the lecture, but you will have the opportunity to ask questions to the instructor live using the Q&A box. Unless otherwise noted in the lecture description, all those who enroll in this program can attend the live event and will also receive a recording of the lecture that you can watch any time within two weeks following the live event.
Recommended For You
- QuébecChoose Your Pace: Hiking and Walking Classics in Québec & Vermont
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorNature’s Laboratory: Wild Finds in the Galápagos With Your Family
- SpainThe Sea to Dalí: Hiking Catalonia & Spain’s Magical ‘Wild Coast’
- Online ProgramOnline Lecture: The 1906 Earthquake — The Disaster That Changed Everything
- Galápagos Islands, EcuadorSurvival of the Fittest: Hiking, Biking & Water Sports on the Galápagos Islands