Here are reviews from people who have taken our adventures in Iceland:
“Iceland is more than a location on the map to me now. I have a far better understanding of their history, culture, and their amazing natural resources and challenges. Fascinating place!”
- Lindrea from Austin, Texas
“What a fantastic experience I had hiking in Iceland. The countryside was varied, with bright green hills, grazing sheep, Icelandic horses, glaciers stretching as far as one could see, icebergs in glacial lakes and miles and miles of volcanic debris. I highly recommend this program as a wonderful way to explore this beautiful country!”
- Jackie from Belmont, Calif.
Unique learning programs for travelers ages 50+
Discover Iceland’s natural fjords, geysers, glaciers and fascinating human history. Explore this mystical country and the great cities of Reykjavik and Akureyri with hikes along its geologically magnificent terrain, expedition boat cruises, walks in South Iceland with local experts and so much more!
Each Iceland Adventure includes:
- All lodgings & most meals
- Expert-led lectures & field trips
- Hands-on experiences & performances
- All gratuities
- Road Scholar Assurance Plan
Favorite Experiences in Iceland:
- Explore Skaftafell National Park, which spans three glaciers on the southern edge of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest icecap.
- Go on a scallop fishing excursion in the Breidafjordur and take a bite out of another Icelandic delicacy: shark.
- Soak in a naturally heated river in the colorful, volcanic Landmannalaugar region.
A university of the world, Not-for-Profit Road Scholar has been leading global educational adventures for adults for nearly 50 years.
Our programs are all-inclusive educational adventures, not superficial tours. When you explore with us, you’ll have a deep, thought-provoking experience delivered by faculty experts on site.
Get your free brochure!
- Dozens of our most popular trips
- Special Offers
- Insider News