Here's what people are saying about our bicycling adventures...
“The Netherlands is a perfect country to explore on bikes — so flat and scenic. This was our first Road Scholar bike trip. Now we are inspired to take many more!”
— Barbara from Worthington, OH
“If you like variety in program activities that are also active, this may be what you are looking for. Lots of adventures along the way. You will not be bored with Mother Nature on this excursion. She has a lot to offer!”
— CAROLYN FROM DOWNERS GROVE, IL
Unique bicycling programs designed for travelers age 50+!
Embark on an unforgettable journey through the Dutch provinces of South Holland, Brabant, Zeeland, Limburg and Gelderland and the Flanders region of Belgium as you barge along rivers and canals and bike through the fields and towns of these picturesque areas. With experts onboard the barge and in the field, discuss windmills, Dutch history and architecture, Roman influence in the Netherlands, the difference between the Flemish and the Walloons and much more.
Each Bicycling Adventure includes:
- All lodgings & most meals
- Expert-led lectures & field trips
- Hands-on experiences & performances
- All gratuities
- Road Scholar Assurance Plan
Favorite Experiences biking Holland and Belgium:
- Experience lively Amsterdam, capital of The Netherlands, with its canals, terraces and outstanding museums.
- Marvel at Antwerp’s medieval and Renaissance architecture and admire Rubens masterpieces in its Gothic cathedral.
- Discover the charming old trading town of Bergen op Zoom, founded in the 13th century.
A university of the world, Not-for-Profit Road Scholar has been leading global educational adventures for adults for nearly 50 years.
Our programs are all-inclusive educational adventures, not superficial tours. When you explore with us, you’ll have a deep, thought-provoking experience delivered by faculty experts on site.