Here are reviews from people who have taken our ocean voyages:
“A truly wonderful learning experience! Our instructor provided unique and personal insights into this people and the lands of Scotland.”
— John from Edmonds, WA
“For those with a deep interest in English history and Shakespeare the program is catnip. The lectures and travel in Wales is a welcone addition. The Lake district is England’s version of the Alps and wonderful for outdoor actvities as well as touring great country houses and beautiful villages.”
— Sarah from Bend, OR
Unique ocean voyages designed for travelers age 50+!
Voyage through the British Isles to experience authentic English, Irish and Scottish culture, and learn the fascinating history of these extraordinary lands. Aboard a luxury ocean liner, cross the English Channel and circumnavigate the island of Great Britain. Make exhilarating discoveries along the way with independent shore excursions and expert-led lectures. Explore centuries-old castles and clan strongholds, witness some of the world’s most monolithic cathedrals, and trace local history at ancient archaeological sites and battlefields.
Each Ocean Voyage includes:
- All lodgings & most meals
- Expert-led lectures & field trips
- Hands-on experiences & performances
- All gratuities
- Road Scholar Assurance Plan
Favorite Experiences Cruising the British Isles:
- Delve into Scottish history at the Clava Cairns archaeological site, the Culloden Battlefield, and Inverness Castle.
- Explore the Eden Project, where a disused mine in Cornwall was transformed into a plant-filled wonderland.
- Venture inside St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin, a grand Gothic cathedral with a breathtaking interior.
A university of the world, Not-for-Profit Road Scholar has been leading global educational adventures for adults for nearly 50 years.
Our programs are all-inclusive educational adventures, not superficial tours. When you explore with us, you’ll have a deep, thought-provoking experience delivered by faculty experts on site.