Thank you so much for being a part of our fundraiser to Stand by Road Scholar! We put together some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your fundraising efforts!
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The more personal your fundraising page is, the more your friends and family will connect with your cause!
We encourage you to add your own personal story and flair. Make it your own! Share with your network what Road Scholar means to you and why they should consider donating. Here is an example we love from one of our participants.
Below are some instructions to help guide you through personalizing your page.
1. Go to the main fundraising page and click “log in” at the top right.
2. Hover over the round circle at the top left of the page and click on "Change Profile Image."
3. Center your image in the circle by clicking and dragging it where it needs to be. You can also click the magnifying glasses to zoom in or out on the image. When you're satisfied, click "Save Image."
1. Hover over "My Fundraising Tools" at the top of the page, in green.
2. Click on "Edit My Page."
3. In the box where it says "Tell your story here," click on the little gear icon in the top right.
4. Now you can add a Title to your story and replace the text "Tell your story here ... " with your story.
5. Scroll down and click "Update" at the bottom of the story box.
6. Then remember to click "Save Page" in green at the bottom of the screen to save all your changes.
1. In the box where it says "My Road Scholar Memories," click on the little gear icon in the top right.
2. To delete the landscape image that we have pre-populated for you, click the pencil icon to the right, underneath the "+ Add Slide" button.
Scroll down and click "Delete Slide."
6. To add your own photo, click on "Add Slide."
7. Click "Upload Image."
8. Find an image on your computer that you'd like to add and click "Open."
9. You can also add a caption to your photo under "Slide Title" and "Slide Description."
10. When you're done, click "Done" at the bottom of your image. Repeat for as many photos as you'd like to add.
12. Click "Update" at the bottom of the photo box to update your slideshow.
13. Then remember to click "Save Page" in green at the bottom of the screen to save all your changes.
Now that you have personalized your Personal Fundraising Page, you're ready to start sharing!
1. Once logged in, hover over the "My Fundraising Tool" button at the top of the page and select "Share Event."
On the next page page, you can select "Share by Email," "Share by Facebook" or "Share by Twitter."
1. Click on the "Share by Facebook" tab.
2. Either click "Share My Personal Fundraising Page" or "Share MyTeam's Fundraising Page."
3. A new window will open.
4. If you aren't already logged into Facebook, the window will ask you to log in.
5. Once you're logged in, type your own message/caption about what Road Scholar means to you and why your friends should consider donating.
6. When you're done typing your message, click "Post to Facebook."
1. Click "Share Using Email."
Note: Here, you can either email members of your team or send an email to other friends and family who haven't yet joined the campaign or made a donation.
2. Click "Send a Custom Fundraising Email." Here, you can write your own content or choose a pre-made template that we've created for you.
2. Once you're satisfied with the content of your email, add email addresses. Be sure to separate them with commas.
3. Then, you can choose to send your email immediately or at another time. Once you've made a selection, click "Save & Preview Email."
5. On the next page you'll be able to preview your email. When you're satisfied with your email, just click "Send Email."
Note: If you've chosen one of our templates, anything between percentages (e.g. %EventName%) is a placeholder for text that will be filled in automatically when you send the email. You don't need to update this text.
You can also simply copy the link to your Personal Fundraising Page or your Team Fundraising Page from "My Fundraising Tools" and paste it into a new email to your friends and family from the email address that you normally use every day!