|Morning lecture from 8:30 - 10:00 AM on the Wild West and Tucson area from 1500s to the present.|
At 10:30 AM, bus will depart for the Tucson Museum of Art. Located in the historic El Presidio neighborhood of downtown Tucson and part of the Historic Block in the Presidio area, there are five houses that have been restored; each has wonderful things to look at and enjoy. The five are: La Casa Cordova, listed on the National Register of Historic Places - it has been restored to the original floor plan from 1883 and the interior has been restored and furnished in the style of an 1850 northern Sonora dwelling.
The Fish House was once the home of Edward Nye Fish, a politician and entrepreneur of the 19th century. Built on the site of old Mexican barracks, the building now houses the John K. Goodman Pavilion of Western Art.
The CJ Knox Corbett House was built in 1906 for the Corbett family. The brick and stucco building is a mission-revival style two-story home that has been restored and features period pieces from the American Arts and Crafts era. The furnishings include mahogany furniture and European imports.
The Stevens Home was the home of cattle baron Hiram Sanford Stevens. It became the social center of 19th century Tucson. The Stevens Home houses the Art of the Americas collection, including pre-Columbian, Mexican folk art, and colonial works.
The Romero House was built in 1868 and is a ceramics studio. It incorporates part of the original Presidio wall. The original owner was Leonardo Romero, the town carpenter. Feel free to visit the Museum in areas that interest you most.