|CLASS 1: Quilt basics, pattern review, or favorite tools and notions.|
• Learn quilting basics including how to set up a sewing machine for piecing and accurate seams.
• Discuss the care and handling quilting tools, and safety in our classroom, especially with regard to rotary cutters and blades, pins, needles and scissors.
• Learn the proper methods and tips for accurate cutting with a rotary cutter.
• Review the quilt pattern we will use for our project to gain an overall understanding of the process.
CLASS 2: Fabric colors and prints.
• Discuss your fabric choices for this project and share your preferences in color and style.
• Learn the importance of mixing prints, colors, shades and values in fabric.
• Use the color wheel to determine a color style and range for your sampler quilt.