ROAD SCHOLAR IT VACANCY
Lead Software Engineer
The Lead Software Engineer will help shape, guide, and influence the technical direction of Road Scholar’s Web development teams. Embracing Microsoft and Open Source Technologies, the Lead Software Engineer will utilize his/her experience building scalable web platforms and solutions to keep Road Scholar technologically competitive for years to come.
Full-time professional position
Director, Customer Systems
The right candidate looks at technology with an open mind, is forward thinking, and focused. When confronted with a business challenge, the candidate will look at all available platforms to find the right technical solution. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the Enterprise Architect in a number of capacities and will work directly with the web development team to implement, develop and maintain business critical applications. The candidate will feel comfortable working both independently and collaboratively and will use his or her communication skills to set realistic expectations across the organization.
Working in a matrix organization, the Lead Engineer must feel comfortable leading a team of software engineers through SDLC by making use of industry standards and current software engineering paradigms. The candidate will use his or her “Team Building” and leadership skills to mentor other staff members, provide technical direction to seasoned software developers, and feel comfortable executing directives received from Director and Executive-level teammates.
As Road Scholar is implementing a new, highly available, and distributed Dot Net Nuke web architecture, this position will report to the Associate Director, Enterprise Architecture for the first 4 – 6 months and will be responsible for delivery of the new web architecture. After implementation of the new web architecture, the Lead Software Engineer will transition into the Customer Systems organization.
- The candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to what’s listed below:
- Lead and mentor the web development team, in the Customer Systems group, on daily basis
- Help shape, form and adhere to generally accepted coding standards
- Utilizing both Open Source and Microsoft technologies to build scalable software solutions
- Understand, drive, and communicate SDLC
- Develop SOA systems
- Provide code reviews to enforce coding standards
- Create and manage technical documentation
- Provide architectural assistance to other teams in IT
- Stay current with technological advancements and industry best practices
- Engineer, design, and code complex web applications
- Design and write mission critical software utilizing appropriate programming languages
QUALIFIED applicants, please email COVER LETTER with salary expectations (a MUST for consideration; a range is fine) and your resume to email@example.com. No calls, please. Thank you!
Road Scholar celebrates diversity in its staff, participants and programs.
Back to list of jobs
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years ASP.NET, C# development experience
- 5+ years SQL Server
- 5+ years leading software projects and developers
- 3+ years leading and mentoring software developers/engineers
- Experience with multi-threaded applications and parallel programming issues.
- Experience developing Web services and distributed system components.
- Experience developing Web applications using ASP.NET, and AJAX
- Experience with HTML5, MVC and other emerging Web technologies
- Excellent knowledge of database and SQL performance tuning
- Experience with using scripting languages (would prefer Python) to automate routine processes
- DotNetNuke Experience is a plus; PL/SQL a plus; Java development experience a plus