ROAD SCHOLAR VACANCY
Full-time non-exempt (overtime eligible) position
Regional Program Director
ROAD SCHOLAR is the world’s largest nonprofit provider of educational travel adventures to the mature travel market. We have 9 offices and each year we provide more than 7000 exceptional learning programs in 150 countries and all 50 states. Learn more at www.roadscholar.org.
We currently have an opening for a PROGRAM ASSOCIATE in Ventura, CA. A coastal community, Ventura is nestled between the Los Padres National Forest and the Pacific Ocean and offers residents a variety of recreational opportunities.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Program Associate assists with the short and long term administrative and program operational duties associated with existing, new and future RS programs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Prepare program-related materials to include welcome letters, Health & Safety forms, rooming lists, rosters, name tags, etc.
- Create and maintain hotel room lists and communicate with hotels
- Communicate and track group leader and instructor assignments and notify various vendors of requested services and dates
- Review Banquet and Event Orders (BEOs) from hotels and restaurants and resolve any special dietary needs of participants by communicating directly with them
- Research, enter and maintain supplemental program information (SPI), proofread and update program information ensuring that welcome materials are accurate and sent to participants well in advance
- Set up new program vendors, instructors, etc., collect required forms, file paperwork and maintain records; follow through to ensure all documents are completed prior to program
- Answer office phone and participate in weekend phone rotation
- Perform other duties and projects as determined by the Regional Program Director
- Position will involve occasional day and overnight travel
Qualified applicants - Email your cover letter with salary expectations (a MUST for consideration; a range is fine) and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Road Scholar values diversity and our community is welcoming and inclusive.
Back to list of jobs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to work for any employer in the US indefinitely without sponsorship
- Minimum of 2-3 years in an adult educational, travel program or hotel environment
- Systems adept; complete fluency in MS Office software especially Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; experience with databases preferred; ability to learn new software quickly
- Detail oriented, problem solver, proactive, ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced high-volume environment, high flexibility and prioritization skills
- Likeable, respectful; ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment as well as independently with high attention to accuracy and quality
- Polished, mature verbal, written, email and phone communication skills