ROAD SCHOLAR VACANCY
ROAD SCHOLAR is the world's largest provider of educational travel programs for the mature travel market. With 9 offices and programs in 90 countries, we are busy!
BOTH Full-time and Part-time (ideally 10 to 2 with work at home options) non-exempt positions
We currently have an opening for a TRAVEL ADVISOR in our Travel Services Division in beautiful Brattleboro, Vermont. Nestled between the West and Connecticut Rivers, Brattleboro offers residents an exceptional variety of recreational and educational activities, arts, entertainment and history. Learn more about Road Scholar at http://roadscholar.org.
The Travel Advisor is responsible for working with the domestic and international participants to book and finalize air travel to/from program destination. Advisor, working in a team environment, assists participants via inbound/outbound calling and electronic communication to complete travel arrangements in conjunction with their respective program. In addition, advisor will work with participants to secure any additional travel they may require before or after program. This position requires strong airline routing skills, creativity, superior customer service skills as well as technical mastery of the global distribution airline platform.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sell and service a variety of customized and individual air travel options, including domestic and international air, hotel/car, as well as pre/post extension opportunities. Requires thorough and practical working knowledge of airline routings, policies and fare options, knowledge of auxiliary products and desire/ability to sell products to participants
- Research and finalize travel reservations using Amadeus reservation system
- Act as the advisor and advocate for each participant, insuring they are traveling on the air schedule that meets their personal needs as well as coordinated well within program guidelines. Assist participants with all airline travel questions.
- Add value to each participant by offering a high level of travel consultation and service
- Complete a variety of other airline operational tasks including daily inbound/outbound participant checklist calls, daily booking of group passenger arrangements, queue management, quality review of passenger itineraries, airline schedule changes and other duties as necessary
- Serve as Emergency Duty Officer on a rotational basis
Road Scholar offers a competitive starting salary and good benefits, including medical, dental, vacation, life insurance, retirement plan with 100% match. Please send cover with salary expectations (a must for consideration; a range is fine) letter and your resume to email@example.com. Thank you! No calls or mail, please.
Back to list of jobs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Reservation systems experience strongly preferred - Amadeus experience ideal, Sabre a plus; systems-oriented and able to quickly learn travel applications
- Strong ability to effectively generate sales; superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Productive; high-energy; experienced working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Polished verbal, written, email and phone communications skills
- Extremely detail- and accuracy-driven