ROAD SCHOLAR is the world’s largest provider of educational travel programs for the mature travel market. With 9 offices and programs in 90 countries, we are busy!
Full-time non-exempt position
Manager, Travel Sales and Training
Boston, MA or Brattleboro, VT
We currently have an opening for a Travel Advisor in our Travel Services Division. The Travel Advisor is responsible for working with our participants to review air travel options for their program. Our participants are offered a variety of enrollment options designating their air travel preferences and the travel advisor will guide, counsel and ultimately sell the air itinerary that works best for the participant – balancing program requirements, personal travel preferences and cost. The Travel Advisor becomes the advocate and consultant, assisting the participants with their complete travel arrangements in conjunction with their respective programs. In addition, advisor will work with participants to secure any additional travel they may require before or after program. This position requires high level of international pricing and routing skills, creativity, superior customer service skills, solid knowledge of the many ancillary products available in the industry, as well as a solid understanding of the destinations and routings available within our vast program offerings.
- Sell a variety of travel options including domestic air, international contract air, internet air and pre/post program opportunities through a practical working knowledge of airline routings, policies and fare options, knowledge of auxiliary products and desire/ability to sell products to participants
- Research, track and manage data on Amadeus reservation system
- Act as the advisor and advocate for each participant, insuring they are traveling on the air schedule that meets their personal needs as well as coordinated well within program guidelines
- Add value to each participant by offering a high level of travel consultation and service
- Complete a variety of other administrative and follow-up activities to support the team including daily inbound/outbound participant calls, daily booking of passenger arrangements in GDS, queue management and quality review of passenger itineraries; assist with phone calls for other teams as necessary
- Serve as Emergency Duty Officer on a rotational basis
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES
Road Scholar offers a competitive starting salary and good benefits, including medical, dental, vacation, life insurance, retirement plan.
Qualified applicants – please email non-generic cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Back to list of jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and two years experience in the travel industry
- Reservation systems experience strongly preferred - Amadeus experience ideal, Sabre a plus; systems-oriented and able to quickly learn travel applications
- Strong ability to effectively generate sales; superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Productive; high-energy; experienced working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Polished verbal, written, email and phone communications skills
- Extremely detail- and accuracy-driven