Program Manager, Adventures Afloat
Road Scholar is the world’s largest nonprofit provider of quality educational travel programs to the mature travel market. With 9 offices and programs in over 100 countries and all 50 states, we are busy!
Full-time professional position
Associate Director, Adventures Afloat
The Program Manager manages the relationship between Road Scholar and a select group of our educational travel partners and cruise lines. Together with the Associate Director, the Program Manager is accountable for strategy, development and management of a portfolio of cruise programs, including the creation of new learning/travel adventures, quality control, and administration/oversight of existing program inventory with the goal of increasing enrollments and ensuring high program quality. Personal performance will be tied to the overall success of programs in your portfolio. Moderate travel and some weekend and evening work are required.
• Work with Providers to develop new programs based on cruise line’s annual deployment
• Uphold Road Scholar’s principles and protocols to guide decisions and achieve outcomes
• Negotiate with cruise lines and hotels to ensure all necessary inclusions and lowest rates
• Monitor/analyze program inventory to maximize enrollments and minimize late program cancellations
• Review, triage and action program changes
• Ensure timely promotion of all programs working within marketing and production schedules; proofread catalogs and brochures for accuracy
• Identify and resolve program quality issues with the focus on customer satisfaction
• Participate in new initiatives or projects as determined by the Associate Director
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES
APPLICANTS WITH GROUP TRAVEL/CRUISE EXPERIENCE – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration; a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Back to list of jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Organized professional with 3-4 years prof. experience and cruise or travel product knowledge a must; experience in a hectic, high volume, deadline-driven business environment
- Experience with project/account management a must; this job requires working effectively across departments to achieve common goals
- Pro-active, driven individual who is results-oriented and highly productive
- Strong negotiating capability or ability to quickly acquire this a must
- Strong analytical skills as well as high attention to detail essential
- Excellent verbal/written communications, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Love of current events, world affairs and educational programming