Road Scholar Position Vacancy
Associate Director Educational Travel Adventures, New Development and Strategic Partnerships
Not-for-profit Road Scholar inspires adults to learn, discover and travel. Our learning adventures engage expert instructors, provide extraordinary access, and stimulate discourse and friendship among people for whom learning is the journey of a lifetime.
Full-time professional position
Director, Program Development
Road Scholar has changed the world’s perceptions of learning and engagement among adult lifelong learners since its founding in 1975 and continues to lead in the creation of vital new experiences for those who seek learning as the journey of a lifetime.
Focused on both the design and management of Road Scholar’s exciting learning adventures across the globe, the Associate Director will develop effective and rewarding partnerships with Road Scholar’s most strategically important academic-travel developers These are external organizations entrusted with creating and operating enriching learning-travel experiences throughout the United States and around the world.
This highly strategic and dynamic role will cover all aspects of the educational travel experience – assessing academic integrity and quality, costing and pricing, travel and logistics as well as post-program quality follow up. The ideal candidate will have the personal relationship skills necessary to build trust and influence strategy and decision-making with our key partners.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Utilizing exceptional personal and professional relationship skills and experience to develop, strengthen and influence strategic partnerships with Road Scholar’s most important external partners focused on top quality academic travel adventures offered at exceptional value.
- Utilizing enrollment data and feedback, strategic analyses and judgment, manage program inventory and lead program planning. Ability to understand the strategies on which pricing is developed and the dynamics of a win/win negotiation
Qualified applicants – please email non-generic cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-10 years experience in a professional environment or workplace
- A love of learning, reading and travel required
- A demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of relationship-building and partnership management required
- Polished, professional verbal/written communication required
- Quick-thinking, business savvy, results-oriented required
- Experience with budgets and data analysis required
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Travel industry experience a plus
- Negotiating experience a plus
- Direct marketing experience a plus