Financial System Accountant and Analyst
Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Full-time, professional position
Vice President of Finance
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Train and support Program department staff on the tour operator system (Peak 15). Assist in reporting financial results from the system. Serve as the primary liaison with the system vendor.
- Support of Program Staff
- Serve as the primary resource for Program department users who have questions or need assistance with the Peak 15 application – including budgeting, contracting, pricing, disbursements and reporting.
- Develop and deliver system training, in-person and via the web.
- Be attentive to system functionality and user satisfaction and develop, and help implement, solutions to continuously improve both.
- Develop reports that will assist Program and Finance staff.
- Maintain written procedures that will assist Program users.
- Conduct testing prior to upgrades and new releases to confirm the system functions as intended.
- Financial Reporting
- Review unpaid and estimated expenses at the close of each month, and adjust as necessary.
- Review financial results by program date for completeness and accuracy. Explain variances and develop corrective actions to eliminate future variances if applicable.
- Review financial forecasts quarterly for reasonableness and work with Program users to make adjustments if warranted.
- Other Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary liaison with Peak 15 management. Track and prioritize outstanding issues and enhancements.
- Other duties and/or special projects as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATON, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with complex financial systems, processes and databases.
- Excellent PC experience, particularly with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated desire and aptitude to quickly learn new information and adapt to change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and perform multiple assignments concurrently.
- Able to perform a wide range of assignments efficiently, ranging from highly detailed to broad perspective.
- Self-motivated and strong team contributor; ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to complete projects with quality and on time.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight 10 to 20 days per year.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standard office setting. Will spend an extended period of time sitting and using a computer. May also spend extended time on the telephone or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Requires computer literacy of Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer and other software applications.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualified applicants – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs