Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Full-time, overtime-eligible position
Santa Fe, N.M.
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures.
Road Scholar has an opening for an entry-level Program Assistant in our Domestic Programs Department. This is a great opportunity for a new grad to learn about educational travel program development in a leading international organization.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Assistant supports the busy Boston Provider Office with operational and administrative services for Road Scholar programs. This includes ongoing day-to-day clerical and administrative responsibilities, as well as special projects as they occur to support increasing program enrollments and growing the organization. This position requires a person who is organized, detail driven, able to juggle several different tasks and projects at once and a polished, professional communicator.
- Assist with research, development, implementation and mailings for all programs
- Gather information and facilitate communication about program details between all constituent groups: program sites, vendors, hotels and program staff
- Prepare and mail all program-related materials to future travelers and group leaders
- Daily monitoring of enrollments and space allotments at hotels
- Arrange and confirm additional program arrangements from vendors such as hotel nights, transfers, meals and additional program staff, often last minute and close to deadlines
- Create, update and maintain supplemental program information
- Assist with downloading of all program dates and costs into the systems ensuring timely completion of all
- Work closely with our Customer Service team and participants to find solutions and encourage enrollments
- Support program staff in the daily maintenance and operation of programs
- Produce reports on a variety of systems and share with other departments, such as Marketing and Finance
- Other duties as determined by Associate Director or AVP, Program Implementation
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in a busy office environment required; one to two years experience in the travel industry or educational field preferred
- Track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, ever-changing environment
- Focused, highly productive; ability to juggle several different projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Polished verbal, phone, written and email communicator; service-oriented approach
- Strong computer systems orientation; comfortable in a hands-on complex database environment; good with numbers and data; extremely accurate and detail-oriented; good proofreader and checker
- Pleasant; easy to be around; ability to work well with all levels of staff and external providers and vendors through strong interpersonal and positive, problem-solving skills
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to complete projects; may involve paid overtime
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standard office setting. Will spend an extended period of time sitting and using a computer. May also spend extended time on the telephone or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Requires computer literacy of Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer and other software applications.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualified applicants – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs