Administrative Program Assistant, Part Time
Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Part-time (20 hours/week), Non-Exempt
Associate Director - Programming
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures.
Job Objectives and Summary:
To assist with the short- and long-term administrative, operational and clerical duties associated with existing, new, and speculative programs. Accurately creates program reports and documentation within allotted deadlines. Provide exceptional customer service to participants and fellow Road Scholar colleagues. Responsibilities include: ensuring that all department administrative information is clearly entered and communicated to all departments, overseas personnel and clients on a timely basis. Assists with the preparation and distribution of all operational documentation related to programs. Contact program participants to secure missing documentation. Maintain existing electronic and hard-copy filing systems. Other task as assigned by supervisor.
- Creates and maintains rooming list and rosters for all programs within the department.
- Assures these are circulated within the contracted deadlines and kept updated.
- Assures the accuracy of these based on participant requests.
- Notifies Program Coordinator of any discrepancies in allotted space and required space
- Adjusts rooming list and communicate all cancellations and waitlist as needed.
- Creates and maintains Arrival and Departure reports for all programs within the department.
- Assures these are circulated within deadlines and kept updated.
- Assures that POP (Program Only Participants) information is added.
- Notifies Program Coordinator of any discrepancies between desired schedules and real schedules
- Assist with the creation of Group Leader packets.
- Contacts client to secure additional documentation or answer inquiries as needed by email and phone.
- Maintain the physical filing system for all department documents.
- Assist with loading program dates and program information into the system.
- Participate in weekly department and periodic company-wide meetings to share insights and issues with colleagues that may help to clarify or set Road Scholar protocol.
Competencies, Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree preferred, Bachelor's desirable
- Minimum of two-year administrative experience
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluency in the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Desire to build destination knowledge
- Understand and follow the operational procedures currently established within the department. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to develop and work well within a team-based office environment, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate well with staff and clients.
Qualified applicants – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs