Senior Project Manager, Marketing
Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Full-time professional position
Associate Vice President, Marketing Operations & Campaigns
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures.
The Marketing department is responsible for executing hundreds of campaigns across multiple channels each year and supports various initiatives inside the organization – we are busy!
Under the general supervision of the AVP Marketing Operations and Campaigns, the Project Manager is responsible for management of multi-channel marketing campaigns and related organizational initiatives, working directly with the creative team, internal clients and external vendors. The Manager ensures on-time completion and information flow for projects. Our ideal candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible, shows initiative, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a professional attitude with excellent people skills and a good sense of humor, and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables, detailed tasks and resource requirements
- Create and maintain project schedules and project budget
- Assemble and coordinate internal and external project resources
- Facilitate meetings, provide necessary project documentation and follow-up
- Manage production process from concept to deployment ensuring projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Oversee quality assurance and control
- Track progress and identify obstacles, provide recommendations pertaining to systems and process
- Initiate and lead problem resolution process internally and with vendors to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Close teamwork with the creative group and other departments within the organization
- Manage vendors to ensure adherence to estimated pricing, timelines and quality
- Consistently look for ways to improve internal processes to facilitate better project outcomes
Required education, skills and experience
- Highly organized
- Thrives in fast-paced, busy environment
- Bachelor’s preferred, Master’s desirable
- Minimum of five years direct marketing project management experience in a busy high-volume environment; strong project management skills
- Understanding of budget creation and management
- Past experience in print production projects desired, ideally managing print collateral including multi-page, bound brochures/catalogs. Knowledge of digital and offset printing and Postal requirements
- Demonstrated ability to complete work independently with careful attention to detail and follow-up; extremely accurate; demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize tasks
- Ability to self-monitor to ensure completion of projects on time; can deal effectively with unexpected demands; flexible.
- Polished written, verbal, email and phone communicator; evidenced by your professional cover letter
- Highly computer literate; experience with project management software required; ability to learn new software quickly and efficiently required
- Demonstrated love of travel and education a plus
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standard office setting. Will spend an extended period of time sitting and using a computer. May also spend extended time on the telephone or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Requires computer literacy of Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer and other software applications
Qualified applicants – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to email@example.com. Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs