Assistant to the Offices of the President & Development
Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Non-exempt, 40-hour, full-time
CEO/President and AVP, Development
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures.
• Assist with board relations, meetings, arrangements and correspondence
• Review, triage and respond to general Development communications and related-work.
• Assist with the cultivation, stewardship and recognition of donors
• Track and organize surveys, results and recommendations
• Organize and maintain the Road Scholar historical archives
• Inventory, organize, order and maintain office supplies and other resources
• Provide administrative support for routine and project-related work
• This position requires frequent communication in person, on the phone and via email with all levels of the organization as well as donors and volunteers outside the organization
• Filing and archiving
• Other projects and duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification preferred
- 2-3 years in an administrative support role or relevant professional experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office family of products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Polished written, verbal, phone and e-mail communication skills
- Time management, organization and superior attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a fast-paced team environment
- Dedication to a nonprofit mission of lifelong learning and travel
- Standard office setting. Will spend an extended period of time sitting and using a computer. May also spend extended time on the telephone or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities, or skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualified applicants – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to email@example.com. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs