Program Coordinator – Multi Destination Emphasis
Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Full-time Professional Position
Associate Director - Programming
Brattleboro, Vt or Boston, Mass.
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures
We currently have an opening in our International Program Development for a PROGRAM COORDINATOR with a working knowledge of various destinations including (but not limited to) France, Spain and Asia.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the quality and success of operations of all new and existing Road Scholar educational travel programs within an assigned program load. S/he ensures accurate and timely reporting in-house and to outside vendors of program reports and details and that communication and documentation is correct and clear in program materials and catalog text. S/he ensures that programs consistently receive solid evaluation scores, operate within budget and meet operational guidelines. Maintains consistent communication with overseas providers and program personnel. Works with the Site Coordinators, Program Managers, and external vendors to obtain and maintain all necessary contracts for the pricing and re-pricing of entire programs and/or program components and coordinates the preparation and maintenance of vendor communications. Works with Program Managers, overseas providers and vendors to write, proof and update program marketing and informational materials accurately and on time. Tracks data in several databases. Will act as Emergency Duty Officer as part of the regular department rotation. Some travel required and Program Coordinator will act as program Group Leader at least once per year and as required due to emergencies.
Required Education, Background and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree required; graduate degree a plus
- Four years of exceptional work/sales experience preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written French and/or Spanish preferred but not mandatory
- Extensive travel to France and Western Europe and/or extensive destination knowledge preferred
- Well informed with knowledge in world destinations, travel and current events
- Must be able to work for any US employer indefinitely without sponsorship; must possess a valid Passport and have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time as required for training, development or other business reasons
- Ability to ensure the quality creation of all educational materials sent to program travelers
- Ability to function as point person for all internal and external operational issues and questions, working effectively with outside clients and staff
- Hard worker; highly productive and efficient; ability to achieve within a hectic, team-based office environment; the ability to work independently under pressure when necessary; willingness to put in time necessary to meet deadlines and complete assigned projects
- Professional standards of behavior, dress, and attitude; polished verbal, written, email and phone communicator
- Systems adept; hands-on approach to managing electronic data; ability to learn and utilize sophisticated software
- Standard office setting. Will spend an extended period of time sitting and using a computer. May also spend extended time on the telephone or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities, or skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualified applicants – please email cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs