Program Coordinator – France Emphasis
Road Scholar is the world's largest provider of educational travel programs for the mature travel market. With annual revenues of $150MM, programs in OVER 100 countries and 9 offices, we are busy! Check us out at http://www.roadscholar.org.
Full-time Professional Position
Associate Director - Programming
We currently have an opening in our Brattleboro, VT office for a PROGRAM COORDINATOR with knowledge of France. Nestled between the West and Connecticut Rivers and a few minutes from the Massachusetts border, Brattleboro offers residents an exceptional variety of recreational and educational activities, arts, entertainment and history.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the quality and success of operations of all new and existing Road Scholar educational travel programs within an assigned program load. S/he ensures that programs consistently receive solid evaluation scores, operate within budget and meet operational guidelines. Maintains consistent communication with overseas providers and program personnel. Works with the Site Coordinator and staff in Paris, Program Managers and external vendors to obtain and maintain all necessary contracts for the pricing and re-pricing of entire programs and/or program components and coordinates the preparation and maintenance of vendor communications. Works with Program Managers, overseas providers and vendors to write, proof and update program marketing and informational materials accurately and on time. Tracks data in several databases. Will act as Emergency Duty Officer as part of the regular department rotation. Some travel required and Program Coordinator will act as program Group Leader at least once per year and as required due to emergencies.
Required Education, Background and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree required; graduate degree a plus
- Four years of exceptional work/sales experience preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written French preferred but not mandatory
- Extensive travel to France and Western Europe and/or extensive destination knowledge preferred
- Well informed with knowledge in world destinations, travel and current events
- Must be able to work for any US employer indefinitely without sponsorship; must possess a valid Passport and have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time as required for training, development or other business reasons
- Ability to ensure the quality creation of all educational materials sent to program travelers
- Ability to function as point person for all internal and external operational issues and questions, working effectively with outside clients and staff
- Hard worker; highly productive and efficient; ability to achieve within a hectic, team-based office environment; the ability to work independently under pressure when necessary; willingness to put in time necessary to meet deadlines and complete assigned projects
- Professional standards of behavior, dress, and attitude; polished verbal, written, email and phone communicator
- Systems adept; hands-on approach to managing electronic data; ability to learn and utilize sophisticated software
Qualified applicants – please email non-generic cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs