Love learning and travel? Come work for Road Scholar. We’re the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for adults.
Full time, overtime eligible and incentive-eligible position
• We’re a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel
• Founded in 1975, we are headquartered in Boston and have offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom
• Every year, 100,000 adults learn about the world with us on 5,500 educational adventures in all 50 states and 150 countries
• We’re a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and employees get to participate in our educational adventures
The Sales Advisor uses knowledge of our amazing company and skill with people to increase and retain enrollments in Road Scholar’s dynamic educational travel programs. This role engages various outbound calling initiatives, including inbound generated sales leads, new inquirer follow up, and customer program requests to increase business and satisfy customers.
- Contact customers through strategically generated campaign lists; generate and save endangered business, particularly through Outbound calling for cancelled and overbooked travel programs by successfully transferring customers to other scheduled programs. Manage/track approximately 150 calls per day
- Drive additional sales by offering the appropriate programs, and using the cross-selling and handling objections techniques; use all contact points as a potential sale by offering appropriate resolutions and high-touch service
- Offer appropriate alternatives based on situational events, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction, creating a culture of participants who are promoters of the Road Scholar brand
- Excellent listening skills and empathy, including strong negotiation, questioning and closing ability, coupled with excellent people skills
- Increase mailing list by asking for customer referrals on every call; explain our not-for-profit mission and asking for donations on every call
- Handle escalated calls using sales and service skills to resolve customer issues
- Meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly strategic goals and revenue targets by proactively converting or saving potential business through outgoing calls
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years Call Center outbound sales background experience in a high-volume, complex product environment A MUST
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on organization and systems
- Bright, articulate, self-motivated individual
- Loves to sell; results driven; positive attitude; energy, flexibility, and ability to adapt to and thrive in a changing sales-driven environment
- Polished, professional verbal and written communications skills. Excellent organizational and client follow-through skills
- Meet deadlines, work independently and handle multiple tasks, details, time constraints and interruptions
- Ability to effectively use all technological systems, tools, statistical research, and other resources to maximize efficiency and increase enrollments
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standard office setting. Will spend an extended period of time sitting and using a computer. May also spend extended time on the telephone or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Requires computer literacy of Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer and other software applications.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualified applicants – please email non-generic cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs