Program Coordinator - Portland
Road Scholar is the world’s largest nonprofit provider of educational travel programs to the mature travel market. Our Portland office develops and manages exciting educational travel programs in various areas of the country, focusing mainly on the Northwest. Check us out at www.roadscholar.org.
Full-time, exempt position
Regional Director, Road Scholar – Portland
The Program Coordinator works with the Regional Program Director to ensure smooth operational and administrative services in order to offer the highest quality product to and increase enrollments in Road Scholar Programs.
The PROGRAM COORDINATOR:
• Ensures smooth communication on program details between all constituent groups, including program sites, external program partners and other vendors and Road Scholar program staff;
• Coordinates timely and accurate research, development and implementation of program-related materials;
• Sets up and confirms all program arrangements with vendors (hotels, restaurants, museums, instructors, guides and group leaders);
• Upholds Road Scholar principles and protocols to guide decisions and achieve desired results;
• Ensures the timely and accurate systemization of program dates and costs;
• Works with the Regional Director to coordinate and plan program expenditures in accordance with program budgets;
• Makes and maintains all advance arrangements for upcoming programs;
• Monitors program evaluations and makes revisions to ensure program quality;
• Other responsibilities and projects as determined by the Regional Director
• Assumes the duty of monitoring the Emergency Cell Phone as part of the regular department rotation;
• Some local travel and nights and weekends required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Two+ years of professional experience in the group travel industry or other high-volume professional environment;
- Track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- Effective team player who highly supports other members and values and seeks to learn from group input;
- Positive “can do” attitude, with desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to complete projects on time;
- Polished and professional verbal, written, email and phone communicator;
- Comfortable in a hands-on complex database environment and highly proficient in MS Office software;
- Analytical with ability to research and analyze data and trends using a variety of software;
- Creative with ability to envision effective ways to enhance current programming and/or develop new program concepts;
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with management, staff and program suppliers;
- Road Scholar offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off, retirement plan with vested matching, tuition reimbursement, travel benefit, medical, dental and long-term disability insurance as well as stimulating and collaborative colleagues.
Please provide which location you are applying for in subject line.
Qualified applicants – please email non-generic cover letter with salary expectations (a must for consideration, a range is fine) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Thank you! Road Scholar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.
Printer Friendly Page
Back to list of jobs