It takes talent to be the world's best not-for-profit educational organization for adults. When it comes to creating educational travel adventures that enrich the lives and fulfill the dreams of adults, there's no organization better than Road Scholar. What's our secret? Dedicated and talented staff who believe in our mission.
Our headquarters is in Boston and we have offices throughout the United States, in the United Kingdom and Australia. We are always on the lookout for people who are excited by, enthusiastic for and believe in the power of our mission.
Our Excellent Benefits
Health & Wellness
- Two health insurance coverage options with generous employee contribution
- Two dental insurance options
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts to pay for other medical and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Free on-site fitness facilities with locker rooms and showers (Boston and Lowell)
- 24/7 wellness assistance from LifeBalance
- Up to eight days of paid medical and emergency leave per year
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, all paid in full by Road Scholar
Learn & Explore
- $700 credit toward one Road Scholar learning adventure per year for active and retired staff — two per year after 10 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- 20% off Road Scholar program gift certificates to share with friends and family
Ensuring Your Future
- After your first year, we'll match your automatic 5% contribution to a 403(b) Retirement Plan. We may even add to it – in 2014, Road Scholar added another 5% for a total of 10%!
Make the World a Better Place
- Road Scholar is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire people to learn, discover and travel. It's more than a job; it's a way to transform lives and make the world a better place
- Dozens of museums and other non-profits around New England offer our employees discounted memberships or even free admission
- Pay for your public transportation monthly pass with pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction
- Pre-tax benefit for commuting expenses like van pools, commuter boat and parking
- Competitive vacation time and holiday schedule
- Veterinary pet insurance
- Referral bonuses — tell your friends!
Not-for-profit Road Scholar inspires adults to learn, discover and travel. Our learning adventures engage expert instructors, provide extraordinary access, and stimulate discourse and friendship among people for whom learning is the journey of a lifetime.
Our Culture Credo
We nurture a workplace culture rich in learning and camaraderie, distinguished by mutual respect and support, and dedicated to the ideal that Road Scholar can only achieve its full potential when every individual is engaged and committed to openly sharing information and ideas.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Road Scholar values and supports individual differences and strives to create an environment that contributes to the success of both the individual and the organization. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, illness, marital or veteran status or disability or any other status protected by applicable law.