Thanks to the SOAR program at SUNY Potsdam in New York for
sharing samples of these guidelines with the attendees at the New England/East
Regional LLI conference.
The SUPERSOARER Award will recognize an individual who has contributed
significantly to the development of SOAR.
The Committee shall gather recommendations for the SUPERSOARER Award,
select nominees, recommend to the Board of Directors the award recipient
and the specific award, and stage the presentation of the event.
Nominees for the SUPERSOARER Award will be SOAR members who have contributed
to SOAR in any or a combination of the following ways: Teaching, governance,
administration, public relations, material assistance, or other specific
1. Each year the Committee will solicit the Board and members at large
for names of SOAR members who meet the selection criteria, along with
a written list of their contributions.
2. The Committee will nominate by majority vote at least two members
as possible recipients.
3. The Committee will compile a written list of contributions to SOAR
by each nominee finalist.
4. The Committee will select by majority vote the SUPERSOARER candidate
and the specific award.
5. The selection and award will be presented to the Board of Directors
of SOAR for approval.
6. The Board may approve the SUPERSOARER candidate and the award, or
the Board may ask the committee to select another candidate and/or award.
PRESENTATION OF AWARD:
The SUPERSOARER Award will be presented at the spring membership meeting
by the Board Chair.